4/18/11

Last Minute Anniversary Cake

So I was shopping at Target (or Tar-zhay if you want to sound exotically silly ha ha), looking for who knows what (it WAS several days ago!) when I ran into my dear friend Val who mentioned they were throwing a last minute party for Tony and Steph's anniversary (Tony knew, Steph didn't) and could I come? "Would love too", I said! "What can I bring? Do you have a cake? No? I'll bring one!" SOMETIMES I wonder what I am thinking, ha ha! This was the same day I made the ladybug cake (see previous post) and after delivering that cake, I literally had less than 2 hours to bake, decorate and arrive at the party. But, hey, not too shabby, right?!! I thought it was kind of quaint and cute. :o) It's a butter pecan cake with vanilla creme filling and buttercream frosting. The leaves and flowers (look familiar? ladybug cake? ;o) ) and the black outline of the heart are marshmallow fondant.The party was fun, a little karaoke, a lot of good food, and some great friends! Even a Christmas tree (Tony proposed Christmas Eve twenty-something years ago) to add to the ambiance! Yay for fun parties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment