6/1/14

'Frozen' Themed Birthday Cake


Frozen, Frozen, Frozen . . . the movie that every young girl is enamored with, as well as at least half the boys.
So here's my first attempt at a cake in honor of the animated fairy tale capturing the hearts of many, while it's theme song makes many of us cringe. Perhaps I should just "Let it Go." Original, I know. 😉

The cake is vanilla with French vanilla cremè filling and buttercream frosting. The snowflakes are cut from marshmallow fondant, and dusted with sanding sugar. Princess Elsa was hand formed, also from mmf. 




I made this cake at the request of an aunt  who loves her family more than anything on this world. Her niece's birthday just happened to fall on the same day as her son's graduation party. Not wanting her to feel like her day wasn't important, she requested a special cake for her. Success? I hope so.




No comments:

Post a Comment