12/25/12

Snowman Christmas Cake

Surprise Christmas cake for my dear friend Darci and her family. :) Darci is one of those people who REALLY appreciate cake and cake decorations and the time it takes to do it. And I am one of those people who really appreciate people who appreciate . . . well, you get the idea, ha ha. At any rate, I knew that Darci had family coming into town and that this would be a perfect opportunity to surprise her with a cake the whole family could enjoy through Christmas. I even employed the help of her husband (who in turn, asked his son, who in turn asked his grandma, LOL) to get me a photo of their Christmas tree so I could see how it was decorated and try to coordinate the cake. Unfortunately, the photo was a little dark and had I known better I would have added lots of lime green and some red and green polka dots just to make it even more whimsical. I do think it turned out cute, all the same. Vanilla cake, vanilla creme (cake batter, lol, another story, another time) filling, buttercream frosting and hand formed marshmallow fondant accents. Darci loved it and I think they all enjoyed a little sweet surprise!








No comments:

Post a Comment