9/16/12

Western Wedding!

Well. It's true, I generally don't do weddings. I mean, I DO have a full time 40+ hours a week real-life job and all . . . and weddings, they take TIME. But this was a favor for my beloved mother, who after all, did bring me into the world and opted not to "take me out of it" though I'm sure I pushed her to that limit on more than one occasion. So, these were for the daughter of a friend of my mother . . . and originally it was to just be a small wedding cake, but somehow it grew into 125+ regular sized cupcakes, 36+ mini cupcakes, and a 6" 2 layer small wedding cake for them to cut. I made 4 kinds of cake: yellow, french vanilla, chocolate and "funfetti" as that's what they wanted in the layered cake. :o) The frosting is vanilla and chocolate buttercream, with marshmallow fondant accents, most hand formed, some hand cut with fondant cutters. I don't yet have a photo of the cupcake tower at the wedding . . . hope to get a good one soon, as I did hear that everything at the wedding looked wonderfully western . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment