11/15/11

Jungle Baby Shower Cake

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, BABY! LOL. That's what I wanted to put on this cake, but wasn't sure the mom to be would approve of the kind of jungle the classic song refers to, ha ha.I tried to have a little fun with this jungle baby shower cake, anyway, and I really liked how it came out. It's vanilla with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream frosting. All the decorations are marshmallow fondant and all are hand formed.


And the back:

No those are NOT real rocks, they're totally edible (and delicious!) mmf. Here are some closeups of the animals. Proportionately, that giraffe annoys me, but heres my defense: I stayed up until 3 am making this cake so it would be done and I'd be free for the BSU-TCU game (heartbreaker though it was!). By the time I finished I was a bit delusional, lol. Hence the monkey feet which are anatomically backwards, ha ha! Ah, well, still better than a monkey could do (I hope). : )

I think the hippo is stinkin' CUTE.

It was a late night, but I'd do it all again. Even to watch my Broncos lose. By one measly point. Sigh. Let us eat cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment