6/12/16

Seafoam Blue and Blush Ombré Wedding Cake with Horizontal Striping

Was HONORED to make the wedding cake for Ben and Carissa Clare, June 10, 2016! Their wedding at Still Water Hollow in Nampa, ID was so BEAUTIFUL.  I was glad to get to be a small part of it! Lemon cake with buttercream filling and icing. It's iced in an old-fashioned style with horizontal striping and ombré colors of seafoam blue and blush. I didn't know I'd be arranging the flowers on the cake myself (had thought they'd arrive "ready to place") but that didn't stop me and I thought they turned out quite well. 😊 On a side note, I was surprised to see local celebrity KTVB anchor Dee Sarton come out to direct where we could park to deliver the cake (I believe she owns/runs the venue). She laughed when I told her my husband hadn't listened when I tried to direct him there and said "they never do!" Ha! She also told me the cake was beautiful, and added "and I've seen a lot of wedding cakes!" What a nice compliment, right?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment