4/5/15

Flower Petals and Chevron Baby Shower Cake

Made this cake at the request of grandma to be, for her daughters baby shower. Let me just say, chevrons are NOT easy. I definitely need more practice with precision geometrical shapes.

This is a chocolate cake,with buttercream icing and filling. Petals and chevron are hand cut/formed marshmallow fondant. Ended up being a nice cake, I thought, but I would do a few things differently if I do chevron again. 

For one, I would MEASURE very specifically the stripes and be very sure of the correct proportions. In this case, I would have made them thinner. Also, I would have chilled the stripes after rolling and cutting the fondant to make it easier to place.

I did LOVE the petal covered top tier, although hand forming that many petals took AGES. 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment