11/2/14

Diva Movie Star Birthday Cake

Made this cake for my niece, who left the creativity up to me as long as somewhere in the cake I used teal and sea foam green. Now, my Gracie girl is as creative an 11 year old as you'll ever meet, so I commend her for letting me play designer and have a little fun. Chocolate cake (nothing but chocolate for this princess, her mom says its part of her DNA), vanilla créme filling, buttercream icing and marshmallow fondant accents. The border around the middle of the cake is meant to look like film strip, a little more challenging to use her colors, but I loved the overall effect. Used silver edible pearls to add some shiny glitz, and the silhouette, which I felt classed it up a bit. My little star loved her cake and even hammed it up for the camera. Love that kid. 












No comments:

Post a Comment