9/16/12

Skylander "Portal" Birthday Cake

Having never heard of "Skylander" before, this cake was a bit of a challenge for me. Turns out, it's a video game, and apparently a popular one at that. Not popular enough yet, though, for there to be too much out there on the old www. LOL. So I did the best I could, after all, I LOVE this little nephew a great deal.  And he was happy with his cake, which makes ME happy with his cake. :O) It's all about the smiles, I'm telling you.  This cake is 2 tiers of vanilla cake with french vanilla creme filling and buttercream frosting, with marshmallow fondant accents. The character on top is an actual game figure, as I just didn't have it in me this time to try to create one from fondant . . . Don't ask me what the symbols on the cake actually mean, as I haven't got a clue, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment