6/19/11

Graduation Cakes 2011

It was a busy time for me with all these graduation cakes, especially since I had a graduate of my own. :o) But I made it through, and for the most part, was happy with the cakes that were made.


Purple and Black Stripes and Polka Dots Grad Cake

This first cake is a chocolate 12" tier topped with a vanilla 8" tier. I used buttercream frosting and marshmallow fondant accents (the stripes and dots). The grad cap base is made of rice krispy treat covered with marshmallow fondant, the top is cardboard covered in mmf. I probably needed a heavier duty cardboard, as it was not at rigid as I would have liked. It was a big, and very heavy cake, and overall I think it turned out.

Purple and Black Baseball Themed Graduation Cake


This cake was 2 tiers, 8" and 6", golden vanilla with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream frosting. The baseball is rice krispy treat covered in buttercream and the bases, grad cap and stars are marshmallow fondant.


Maroon and Silver Graduation Cake, with Grad Figure, Soccer Ball and Red Guitar
This cake is 11" x 15" and is 1/2 chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and half vanilla with vanilla creme filling. Buttercream frosting. The grad cap is rice krispy treat covered in buttercream and marshmallow fondant, with cardboard covered in mmf on the top. The grad, soccer ball and guitar are all marshmallow fondant. I forgot the tassel until I already had it in the car, so they got added at the VERY last minute, ha ha!


HUGE Graduation Cake with Grad Cap and 3 Grad Figures


This cake fed A LOT of people. It's 22" x 15" and 3 layers high. It's half chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and half vanilla with vanilla creme filling, and buttercream frosting. The grad cap is rice krispy treat covered in buttercream and marshmallow fondant. There is cardboard in the square on top of the hat. The grads are marshmallow fondant. I have to admit it was a little hard for me when some of the kids started eating the legs off the grads, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment